Stamped ConcreteDesign ideas and information about stamping concrete
Most Popular Links
Find a Stamped Concrete Contractor
Get a list of contractors near you from ConcreteNetwork.com
Stamped concrete is also commonly referred to as textured concrete or imprinted concrete. Many different patterns are possible with stamped concrete, many of which convincingly replicate other popular building materials such as wood, tile, stone, flagstone, slate and brick. With the wide assortment of patterns and colors possible, stamped concrete is considered to be one of the most versatile outdoor paving materials available. Popular applications include pool decks, driveways, sidewalks, walkways, stairs, entries and patios. Here is an overview of the advantages, as well as the limitations, of stamped concrete and ideas for using it to enhance your outdoor living space.
Why Choose Stamped Concrete for Your Project:
- Stamped Concrete Cost—Thanks to new methods and materials, stamped concrete can deliver the same visual appeal as more expensive paving materials, such as brick and natural stone, but often costs much less to install.
- Low Maintenance—Stamped concrete is a solid slab, which means there are no joints or gaps where weeds can grow. When properly sealed, it is also stain resistant and easy to clean.
- Design Flexibility—Almost any look imaginable can be achieved with stamped concrete because of its infinite shape, texture, pattern and color options.
- Durability—Stamped concrete is extremely durable and can withstand weather extremes and heavy traffic.
- Curb Appeal—With the large assortment of colors, designs and patterns available, stamped concrete is an ideal way to enhance the curb appeal of your home and increase its value.
Despite all the advantages of stamped concrete, it’s important to be aware of some of its limitations before deciding if this is the material for you. Over time, concrete may crack and require patching or replacement, depending on the severity of the problem. Colors can fade over time as well. However, this can be prevented by regularly cleaning and sealing your concrete as recommended by your contractor. While stamped concrete is economical, it is not something an inexperienced homeowner should attempt to install as a do-it-yourself project Melbourne order to save money. Here is an overview of how to stamp concrete so you will know what to expect when the crew arrives on your property. Stamped concrete should always be installed by a professional.